There is nothing better than walking out of the salon with the perfect blow-dry and, contrary to what you might think, it is possible to achieve the perfect salon blow-dry in your own home.
Tips for Achieving the Perfect Salon Blow-Dry
- For the perfect blow-dry, make sure your hair is about 85% dry before you start styling with your dryer.
- Dry your hair on a low heat setting and only use the hotter setting for the finishing touches.
- Once you’re done styling, seal the hair using the cool setting for a super-smooth look.
- Don’t be scared of using a large radial brush. Go fora bigger brush and you’ll find that you’ll get a perfect finish and great movement in the hair.
- Many women move the dryer up and down over each section of the hair, or just hold the dryer in one place — that’s wrong! Continually follow the brush with the nozzle of the dryer facing in the direction of the brush, drying from root to tip.
Take the advice of ghd global brand ambassador Adam Reed and achieve that shiny, bouncy blow-dry at home using the new ghd helios hairdryer.
Prep your hair with the ghd root lift spray starting at the roots and combing through the ends.
Next, lightly mist ghd heat protect spray all over your hair, lifting it hair as you go to ensure even coverage.
Starting at the base, use the ghd ceramic vented radial brush and move the brush along your hair, following closely with your hairdryer. The nozzle of the dryer should always follow the brush continually, facing the direction of the brush. Go over the same section several times until fully dry and smooth.
Work from the nape up to the top of your hair, always drying on a medium setting and smoothing each section with a cool blast at the end. Keep your thumb on the cool button, so as you’re drying your thumb is pushing on the cold air to seal the cuticle. This gives amazing shine, longevity in the blow-dry and incredible hold.
Finally, get rid of flyaways. Apply ghd Final Fix hairspray on your fingers (never apply hairspray directly onto your hair!) and gently press the hairspray onto the roots using your palms. Start at the parting and then smooth out.